New Delhi, January 31, 2023: The Curtain Raiser to the Andhra Pradesh Global Investors’ Summit 2023, started on a pulsating note as the Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy graced event, interacting with the diplomatic entities of over 40 nations who participated to evince interest in the state’s potential as the country’s leading business and investment destination.
Leading captains of the industry, executives and trade bodies attended the session, in a show of interest and acknowledgement to the investment destination par excellence, that Andhra Pradesh is.
Captains of the Industry provided testimonials as to their experience of operating in the state:
· Mr. Tae Jin Park, MD & CEO, KIA Motors (South Korea)
· Mr. Yamaguchi, MD & CEO, Toray Industries (Japan)
· Mr. Deepak Dharmarajan Iyer, President, Cadbury India (USA)
· Mr. Roshan Gunawardhana, Director, Everton Tea India Pvt. Ltd (Italy)
· Mr. Sergio Lee, Director, Apache & Hilltop Group (Taiwan)
· Mr. B Santhanam, CEO- India, Saint Gobain Industries (France)
The Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said, “You mean a lot to us. We are here to provide you a platform, an experience that shall be unlike any other that you have come across. The Honorable Prime Minister has shown us the way in taking India to newer heights and, within India, Andhra Pradesh is an exciting geography—the fastest growing state with 11.43% growth rate, with unparalleled offerings in terms of Ease of Doing Business, where we have been consistently ranked first for three consecutive years, in terms of stakeholder feedback, with a 974 km coastline, the state has a competitive logistics advantage of access to six ports, and there are four more that are coming up.”
The Hon’ble Minister for Industries & Commerce, Infrastructure & Investment, Information Technology, Sri Gudivada Amarnath said, “The Andhra Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023, will showcase the strength of Andhra Pradesh as an unparalleled business destination, with a plethora of opportunities across sectors. More importantly, the partner nations, the business delegations, and the Captains of the Industry coming together shall form an eclectic learning platform for us. This shall take the state to newer heights.”
· Mr. Jin Park, MD & CEO, KIA Motors, acknowledged the commitment by shown by the administration, in facilitating Ease of Doing Business; KIA Motors’ presence has expanded in the state, with the company investing over Rs. 10,000 crore over a span of five years; the vehicles produced at the plant are today being exported to over 95 countries, thereby making Andhra Pradesh an auto
· Mr. B Santhanam, , CEO- India, Saint Gobain Industries stated how the company is today marching towards net zero model; how the state provided unprecedented support towards seamless manufacturing amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Andhra Pradesh Global Investors’ Summit 2023, on March 3-4, 2023, is a platform that will show case the strong industrial base, robust presence of MSMEs and Start-ups, and investor-friendly atmosphere that the state offers. The 2-day summit offers an all-inclusive platform to international and domestic investors, policy-makers, diplomats from various countries across the globe, country business delegations, influencers, industry associations, and trade bodies to explore opportunities, and forge partnerships.